If you’re crackin’ ‘em up at the cubicle, or landing zinger after zinger on Zoom, it might be time for you to level up! Do you have the comedy chops to be 102.1 The Edge’s ‘$10,000 Funniest Canadian’?Record up to a minute of your own original, hilarious material on camera, then send it to us. Our laughs could mean your cash!
Our judges will narrow down submissions to the Top 10 funniest, which will be featured right here on our website this March, where listeners will be able to vote for their favourite entry. The Fan Favourite winner will be awarded a $1,000 prize!
Judges will also deliberate to determine a $10,000 GRAND PRIZE WINNER to launch one up-and-comer into comedy superstardom!(We’ll also award bonus weekly cash prizes of $500 so get your entries in early!) Last day to submit your video is March 1st, so don’t get roasted! Be quick, be funny and do the following:
- Read through the official contest rules and regulations.
- Record a video of yourself being funny. This could be stand-up, a skit, parody act, funny song, dad jokes… you name it. Just make it original AND funny! (maximum of 1 minute in length)
- Label the video file with your name and the city you reside in. Naming Convention MUST follow this format: FirstNameLastName_YourCity_10kFunniestCanadian
- Upload it to either YouTube or Vimeo and include the link as part of your contest entry.
- Complete the entry form below.
- Drop your video file into the Dropbox account HERE (must be an .mp4 or .mov file)
- Double check you’ve done all of these steps correctly and you’re in it to win it!
- Please note, this contest is only open to Canadian citizens.
Ready to make us ROFL? Take your place as ‘The $10,000 Funniest Canadian’, on 102.1 The Edge.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON, ONE GRAND PRIZE PACK AVAILABLE TO BE WON. APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE OF PRIZE CDN $10,000.00. MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO WHO IS 19 OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY. CONTEST RUNS FROM FEBRUARY 5th, 2024 at 12:01 A.M. ET TO MARCH 1st, 2024 AT 11:59 PM. ET. SKILL TESTING QUESTION MUST BE CORRECTLY ANSWERED TO CLAIM PRIZE. ODDS OF BEING SELECTED DEPEND ON NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
By participating in the Contest, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules, which will be posted at the Contest Microsites throughout the Contest Period. Each entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors and Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest and/or the Contest Microsites or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsors property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Sponsors or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST MICROSITES OR ANY RELATED WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. CLICK HERE