DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
102.1 The Edge is looking for a unique, street savvy Social On-Air Contributor that would join Edge Mornings with Tucker and Maura. This skilled individual will be brought on full-time and have the opportunity to work with the best in the industry.
You read this correctly, this is a full-time, paid position to be a part of the Edge’s newest Morning Show!
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for unique and authentic individuals who can bring their own sense of flair, social savviness, and their exceptional, creative talent to Edge Mornings with Tucker and Maura, and on the streets of Toronto! You must be a great team player, have creative ideas, are social savvy, and have a passion for radio!
HOW DO YOU APPLY:
- You must apply to the job posting HERE and fill the form out below**
- You are also required to submit an audition reel
- Part 1 of the reel: Tell us about yourself – describe your personality, what are some of your hobbies, what type of music do you enjoy listening to, a cool fact about yourself that people would be surprised to learn, etc.
- Part 2 of the reel: Create some streeters. What’s a streeter you may ask? It’s when you hit the street asking random people questions (so go test your skills on the street and try your hand at this!) Reel should be 2-3 mins
- Please provide all social media handles (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
HOW WILL WE DECIDE?
Our recruitment and management team will review all applications and contact qualified applicants for an interview. A short list of candidates will then have a unique opportunity to shadow and work alongside Tucker & Maura. Once we’ve narrowed it down to one talented individual, they will be contacted directly with a new and exciting job offer!!! Go for it!
APPLY HERE AND BELOW!
Job Posting for review:
Updated title: On-Air/Social Media Contributor – 102.1 The Edge – Corus Quay Radio
Division: Corus Quay Radio
Work Status: Full time
Location: Toronto, ON (on-site)
About the Role
Corus Quay Radio is searching for an On-Air/Social Media Contributor – On-Air Talent based out of Toronto. Are you ready for the Edge? We have a rare opening for a personality to add to our great lineup of unique and creative talent. Are you able to work well on your own and collaborate with a team? Do you have the ability to be engaging in person and on social media? Are you bold and clever in your content? Do you know how to take what everyone is talking about and add your own spin? Are you a master at influencing people? Is social media second nature and not “work”? Are you first to volunteer to help co-workers, interview rock stars and attend events? If you answered “yes” to most or all these questions, we are intrigued.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Creating fun, interesting, and topical content for social media and on-air, including “Streeter’s” interacting with the public
- Working well as an individual, and team member to collaborate on content
- Innovate social media to drive ratings and social engagement
- Promotional appearances, interviews, and other fun opportunities
- Shooting, editing, and posting social video content
- Writing social media copy, appropriate for the platform
- Sales and revenue friendly, you have ideas you aren’t afraid to monetize, especially on social platforms
If you have the following…we want to hear from you!
- Post-secondary education in Broadcasting, Communications, Journalism or another relatable field preferred
- Established social media presence and following – Instagram, TikTok, Twitter & Facebook
- Experience hosting and interviewing on camera with ease
- Strong engagement skills, on-air, text and through social media
- Tech savvy and adopter of new technology
- A proven track record of outstanding social media presence and creativity
- Well-versed in shooting and editing video (both on phone and on camera) in multiple formats and lengths to optimize for different platforms
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite programs
- Experience scheduling and creating posts in Creator studio, Sprout Social, Crowd Tangle, Social Flow or other similar programs
- Graphic Design skills (Adobe Suite and Canva) an asset
- Up to date on changing algorithms and being able to pivot quickly
Application Deadline: April 7, 2023