When you’re in a band and things begin to take off, life starts to move pretty fast. Days start to blur as you move from a gig to the studio, from the studio to the van, and back to playing gig after gig.
Unless you have someone to document what’s happening, you run the risk of forgetting a lot of when you went through, both in terms of the good stuff and the bad
One way to combat that is through talk therapy–or at least my version of it. This involves getting the entire band together at the same time and getting them to talk about their experiences. Once everyone starts to reminisce, the memories start flooding back.
That’s what I was hoping for with Arkells when all five guys assembled for a long talk. This is part two of Arkells: In Their Own Words.
Songs heard on this show (all songs by Arkells)
Leather Jacket (acoustic)
Knockin’ at the Door
People’s Champ (Live)
A full playlist has been provided by Eric Wilhite.
The Ongoing History of New Music can be heard on the following stations:
- 102.1 The Edge/Toronto – Sunday night at 7
- Live 88-5/Ottawa
- 107.5 Dave-FM/Kitchener
- FM96/London – Sunday night at 7, Monday night at 11
- Power 97/Winnipeg (Sunday nights at 11)
- Rock 97.7/Grand Prairie – Sunday nights at 6.
- Sonic 102.9/Edmonton
- The Zone/Victoria
- The Fox/Vancouver
- WAPS/WKTL The Summit/Arkon, Canton, Cleveland, Youngstown The show runs at 11 am Sunday. This, by the way, is a great option for American listeners who are prevented from listening to the show live because of geo-blocking,
We’re still looking for more affiliates in Calgary, Kamloops, Kelowna, Regina, Saskatoon, Brandon, Windsor, Montreal, Halifax, Charlottetown, Moncton, Fredericton, and St John’s and anywhere else with a transmitter. If you’re in any of those markets and you want the show, lemme know and I’ll see what I can do.
If you ever miss a show, you can always get the podcast edition available through Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your on-demand audio.
© 2019 Corus Radio, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.